The scope covers the method of plastering by using automatic machine. A mechanism that would replace human labor in the process of plastering walls. The materials and workmanship shall be in accordance with the relevant specifications.
A Brief on Plastering Machine
It is composed of a smaller frame that slides inside of a moveable frame on rollers that can be modified to fit any height. The latter supports the trowel-containing mortar box, which is lifted and lowered using a drum and an endless chain. When the trowel is in use, a rod and follower that are operated by a lever supply it with mortar. A slide that covers the aperture in the box controls or shuts off the supply as needed.
The mortar box just has to be raised to the top of the frame in order to plaster the ceiling. It is then turned to the appropriate position in order to plaster the side walls. The sliding frame, which is moved back and forth for the aforementioned action using the previously described lever, shifts the box in the final operation. Additionally, the machine has a number of cables and pulleys linked to it to make it easier for the numerous components that make up the innovation to function.
Materials for Application;
3. Plastering Accessories: Metal Lath/fiber mesh, angle beads, special pieces for internal angles and corner.
Machinery for Application;
1. Mortar mixer
Methodology for Plastering with Automatic Plastering Machine
- Clean the surface and remove any dust, contaminated materials on plaster bases and substrates for direct plaster application, as well as any loose material and substances that may interfere with the process. Form ties and other obstructions must be removed or cut down to the solid base’s surface.
- Apply mesh over electro-mechanical conduits that are implanted, and cover junctions with 200 mm wide galvanized steel lathing as required and approved fastened with bolts at not more than 600 mm centers along both sides.
- For direct plaster application, vigorously apply dash coat to concrete and concrete masonry surfaces. Dash coat is used to cover the whole area that will be plastered and to create a rough surface. For at least 24 hours after application and before plastering, it must be kept untroweled, undisturbed, and damp cured.
- Concrete surfaces that will be plastered should be dampened by spraying them with water before plastering begins.
Application of plaster with plastering machine
- Machine shall be unboxed and assembled at location of application.
- Setting up of machine and alignment shall be done prior to the application. This plastering machine can operate in vertical position.
- When the vertical angle sensor starts working it will command push rod motor to stretch out while the track will go in a vertical way, after the vertical is completed the other push rod motor will lock the ceiling.
- The angle sensor is with two decimal points to be more accurate of ensuring the verticality.
- Mortar shall be loaded to machine’s hopper by using wheel barrow. An electrical motor is installed to this machine which can assist in pouring the wheel barrow loaded with mortar by pressing remote button.
- After loading, press the button to operate the machine.
- Machine shall travel vertically till ceiling while applying plaster on wall with smooth finishing. The spatula mounted on machine is big enough to cover large area at once.
- The machine shall automatically reach bottom after hitting ceiling.
- The distance from spatula board and ground is only 150mm.
- Machine shall be moved to next application area by pressing button.
- Repeat the same process for next patch of work.